Friday 27 February 2015

A different kind of sunshine

Spring is on the way. The temperature read 9 degrees in my car today and the sun felt warm and appeared less dazzling than the sun in Winter. Knowing that the nights are getting lighter and days longer brings a sense of relief; the cold, dark days and nights only add to my dull mood.

This week has been a good week. Today and yesterday I spent time with other mummies who have been at the hands of PND. I look to these women for support, comfort and advice; I enjoy their company massively and talking about our highs and lows makes us feel... normal.

Today, a very good Mummy friend of mine made lunch for 3 of us at her house; it was lovely. Sometimes the thought of having to pack the changing bag and planning to leave the house at precisely the right time to coincide with a nap or to avoid a feed time proves too much. But once I'm out of the house and in my support circle of fantastic, lovely mummies, there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

Summer will soon be here and I can feel my mood beginning to lift as the sun warms and the world around me becomes more colourful. My mummy friends will be feeling it too, and having built friendships during the lowest times of our lives, I get to look forward to enjoying the warmer, happier times with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment